Saturday, June 17, 2006

Do you remember?

I'm still in the infant stages of this thing, so we'll see where it goes. I'm a huge fan of mp3 blogs, but I also like making them more personal. I sort of use it as a journal, just one that others can read. I might use code names, I might not talk about anyone at all. Tonight though, its all about how I feel.

Owen (the solo project of Mike Kinsella) is my favorite band, and I promised myself I would write an early post about one of songs. I've been a fan for a long time and sadly have never actually gotten to see him perform live (stupid 21+ shows and me not willing to get a fake). But anyway, he is absolutely amazing and sadly he doesn't update anything so no one knows what he's up to.


Owen "In the morning before work" - This song is about that feeling you get when you really miss someone or something. I really miss Dartmouth and everything along with it. The song starts out with some acoustic guitar (like most of his songs) and some seemingly simple lines of self-loathing. As it meanders along, the song recalls trivial events that reminds a guy about his signifcant other and how much those little things are the things he longs for the most. I miss the little things: little blitz jokes, asking what you were thinking, and random bump-ins. Ahh, I'm talking to Katie and Leah right now, and they make me miss Dartmouth too. Well, the song just sweeps; I can't think of any other adjective for the way it moves through the chorus. You almost feel how much he wants just a kiss on the back of his neck. That is when you know love is real. (buy THE EP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home