Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Working for the Man

So today was my first day of double internships. Can I say that it was beyond exciting? Traffic wasn't bad on my commute to work in the morning, and I rocked out in my car to some People In Planes and Nathan Asher and the Infantry. Then at work, I walk in and have to go to Personell to fill out paperwork. Finally, I take the elevator to my office and my supervisor drops a binder litterally 4 inches thick and says, "We have to do a summary of this in seven days. Well, here is your computer. Shoot, I have to run to a meeting, if I don't see you before you leave, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

3 hours later, I read way too many numbers, wrote about 200 words, and realized that they expect way too much from me this summer. So basically, all horror stories will be real. I have to be there at 8 AM tomorrow, so I'm going to crash right now.

People in Planes "Moth" - I really like the backbeat on this one. I highly recommend this track to anyone. Yes, they do sound quite like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, yet this song could easily be a hit. Catchy and rocking, you'll blast it from the car speakers and sing (scream?) at the top of your lungs. (buy As Far As the Eye Can See)

Spoon
"The Way We Get By (acoustic)" - Work sucks, but its the way you have to get by. Honestly, there are so many things I think I need to get by, but its really just about being with the people you love. There is a reason this is such a catchy tune: take it back to the basics that sound the heartstrings of the listener. I added the acoustic as a bonus cause everyone has the regular version. Plus, I heard that he played it live at a concert acoustic and the crowd went wild. I'm actually missing a concert right now, but heck, I'm getting by. (buy Kill the Moonlight)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm thinking Evanderpreet is angry because of the fact that we aren't going with him to Berkeley. But I wasn't going to go without you guys so hopefully we will be able to work out another trip soon. Anyway, congratulations on dual jobs and such. The US lost, though, so I'm sad.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fly too close to the sun! Yeah Dedalus!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home