Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Finally back to business


I know I haven't posted in ages, but for whatever reasons, I didn't have a lot of time or energy to post. Whatever, I'm here now. and by here i mean home.



And its time to do a playlist. The end of the year is coming up and I gotta follow the crowd and make one.

Here's the first list of the Top ___ season:
Top 5 songs I'm not putting on my Top 25 of 2006 for some reason or another:

5. Lady Sovereign feat. Missy Elliot "Love Me or Hate Me Remix" - My two favorite female rappers in one song? It had to be a hit and I'm sure no fans are dissappointed. There is so much attitude in this track that not even the biggest bitch could put up a fight. Missy is extremely talented and Sovereign is just getting started, and the song feels like it has a bit of both. SOV's part is a bit repetitive and doesn't truly show her skills, but the beat is kinda addicting. It doesn't make the list because its a remix, and I was going to name this the top 5 remixes. Its a good listen nonetheless and a rare female rap duo jem. (buy Public Warning!)

4. Sufjan Stevens "Chicago (Multiple Personality Disorder version)" - Oh Sufjan! How you continue to amaze! However, you made a mistake. This is the song you should have included on Illinoise. The upbeat syncopated rythms are hot. Your ego got the best of you, but its okay, I will not hold it against you. Just make another CD soon with new material. I promise I will not complain if it sounds like anything you've done before. Just hurry so the internet can continue to offer its praises. (buy The Avalanche)

3. Portastic "And I Was A Boy From School (Hot Chip cover)" - I love this cover. Even though it doesn't stray to far from the original (which is awesome), it still has a completely different feel. Scratchy vocals and guitar strings inject emotion written in the original lyrics into the dance hit. It didn't make the list because the original made it and I couldn't make a decision between the two. Forgive me.

2. Nelly Furtado feat. Chris Martin "All Good Things (Unreleased)" - Yeah, this songs been around the block more times than Anna Nicole Smith, but there is a reason. Its gorgeous. I wish this song had been fully mastered and made a secret track on Loose. I remember putting it onto a CD after the first time I heard it and then on the drive, I think I may have gotten teary eyed. Not on my list because it wasn't released. Take that Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, and gang.

1. The Knife "We Share Our Mother's Heath (Ratatat Remix)" - People think The Knife's "We Share Our Mother's Heath" is the best dance track of the year. What? I think Ratatat's "Wildcat" is. Wait, here is a compromise that is synergetic! It retains the scary vocals of the Swedish duo on top of the driving electronic sounds of the New York rockers. If this doesn't make you dance, go listen to some Cher. (buy the Knife's Silent Shout and Ratatat's Classics)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I dunno I'm easily confused... but I think All good things is on Loose. I have a copy of Loose in front of me (not opened yet I dunno whether to keep it or use it as a gift), but it lists the last track as "All good things (come to and end)". iTunes also seems to have it... Soooo I dunno

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less is more and in this case the song works better with LESS of Chris Martin!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home