Sunday, August 13, 2006

holy water

My friend Andrew and his siblings got baptized today, so I went to their church. My church is changing pastors right now because our old pastor and his wife are going to be missionaries in Guam. I don't even know if they speak English in Guam.

Sufjan Stevens "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" - Andrew is a great guitar player, and I wish he would play this song for me with his mother singing, his sister playing strings, and his brother and dad on bells, drums, etc. Its probably my favorite old hymn, and Sufjan's version is one of the best recorded versions I've heard. By starting simply with just some twangy banjo plucking and slowly adding instruments and choral backing, he builds it into a magnificent song of worship. (buy something from Sufjan)

Iron & Wine "Wade Across the Water" - Sam Beam brings out some easy flowing lyrics in this song. I'm not sure if it's about baptism, but I've always thought that way. (buy some Iron & Wine)

Congrats again my brother. Congrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home