Saturday, August 05, 2006

new owen

I just realized the title of this post is a pallendrome. Sweet.

Owen's new album is due out soon but not soon enough for my tastes. The two songs I've heard are awesome though. This time, Mike Kinsella didn't do it alone. He had his brother help out, yet its still true Owen.

Bad News
- Classic Owen lyrics. Classic Owen melodies and strumming. Classic Owen layering and intricate rhythms. Mike's voice is clearer than he's ever allowed it before. It creates a fuller sound that is not as shy and tempered as on Owen or No Good for No One Now. Its a great opener to a new CD.

The Sad Waltzes of Pietro Crespi - Peitro Crespi is a Italian musician from Gabriel Garcia Marquez's masterpiece One Hundred Years of Solitude that commits suicide because of failed love. Its a great song, and it makes me excited to hear the other songs on the album. Also, it reminds me I need to pick up a book to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home