Thursday, December 21, 2006

Y is for Yarmulke


There are two more bands that really rock the Jewish scene: Yo La Tengo and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.



Yo La Tengo translates to I have it, and I bet they're talking about their yarmulke. (Apparently, it is a New York Mets baseball reference which means I got it, but they do got chutzpah). They really rock and they've been around for so long. Sadly, they didn't play their 8 days of Hanukkah at Maxwell's this year. "Be Thankful for What You've Got" listen to Spoon's cover of "Decora"(buy Little Honda EP)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs rock. Sadly, I'm not sure if Karen O is Jewish, but I bet she got a present from Brian Chase for Hannukah. All my love goes out to Karen O for her great voice and Nick Zinner's put some great riffs out on his guitar, but the Yeah Yeah Yeah's wouldn't be so amazing if Chase didn't blow my mind with his slammin' drumming. "Maps" listen to Arcade Fire's cover of "Maps" (buy Forever to Tell) (buy Arcade Fire)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home