Thursday, June 29, 2006

Crappy Parking


I got moved to really bad parking yesterday. Its like 3 blocks away and its nicknamed "Circus Parking." Totally lame. There is no shade and I have to walk across the train tracks. It is honetsly a little sketch.

To all of my friends who went to Berkeley today: I wish I could have gone with you. I'm too tired to post more.

Irving is a band from L.A. I like them. One could say that they are a mellowed out Franz Ferdinand with hints of Interpol. There are traces of some 90s music in there too, but don't hold anything against them. They're hot like wildfire. As it gets close to the halfway mark in the year, I have been thinking of the greatest albums released this year, and I'm actually happy with the music we've had this year. On that note, "The Gentle Preservation Of Children's Minds" may be one of my favorite songs released in '06. One problem though is that I love all the songs on the album; some more than others yes, but there are a few that I can't decide which is my favorite. I mean with songs like "I wanna love you in my room", yeah. Their rock actually has influences from many decades as I catch traces of 60s and 70s rock and roll, some 80s synth too. I mean, I can't stop singing these guys praises. Edit: I just also think they sound like a better version of what Rooney was trying to get. Again, not Rooney, not bad. Irving is good music. (buyDeath in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers)

Bonus: Tapes 'n Tapes "50s Parking" - This is the song that got me hooked on Tapes n' Tapes. The lyrics are about finding parking, thus I think its applicable. (buy Tapes n' Tapes)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home